Sunday, March 28, 2010

My new room!

To prove that I am a strong independent woman I decided to give my bedroom a overhaul and do it all myself. Somehow along the way the room became very girly. Can a strong independent live in such a room. I think I can. I love it.

It is the first time I have ever painted an entire room all by myself. It took me two full days to paint. I am a slow messy painter so I am a total prep freak. No, I can't say I enjoy spending hours putting painters tape around all of the trim but if I didn't things would be a mess. Plus my wall are very textured (I remember the day the kids discovered that their dirty socks could stick to the wall) which makes covering every speck of the old color a bit of a challenge. On top of that I am a slight perfectionist. I believe it took me half a day to paint the top two inches of my walls. Getting that line perfectly straight is not easy.

My Favorite Details
I hit the jackpot in Hobby Lobby's garden section. I love this vase and I found flowers that match those in the bedspread. Isn't the little doggie the cutest. I believe my Mini-Schnauzer was the model for this little piece of art. Ah and notice the curtains. All lacy and super girly.


Another great find in the garden center. Notice the open spaces? It made them the perfect disguise for all my little gadgets while they charge (ie. phone and Ipod).

You just know that I will be putting together a scrapbook page about my room. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come up as one of the topics of My Life in Scrap Challenge at My Life and Scrap. I have really enjoyed this challenge (but I am about a month behind).

5 comments:

  1. I am only done through week 7 so you are ahead of me! Lovely job on your room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room is very affectionately furnished... splendidly... I love this touch of romanticism! Many greetings, Jana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it ! Way to go hunnie ! I really do think you are an independant woman and so what if its girly, its yours !

    Hugs Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Paula you did good and it looks so lovely and fresh and as for that little doggie i want him....lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did an awesome job redecorating your room. I hope you will find peaceful rest in your new room.

    ReplyDelete